Old
10-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
Lecavalier

On a more serious note, I wouldn't mind trading him for Downie or Fedoruk, I think that's the max we cold probably get for him, it would be nice to see him packaged for Tanguay though
I'm not on board with Fedoruk, but I'd probably make a deal for Downie. It's in the same category as trading for Pouliot in Minnesota, for example. Good prospect with baggage for another prospect that, for whatever reasons, has stalled in another organization (though I actually have no idea whether TB is happy with Downie).

As for whether it's a fair deal, I think players like Downie can be valuable; he makes me think of Ott. From what I recall, Pouliot actually was ahead of Price on Timmins' list in 2005. He saw something. There might still be that something.

Of course I also wouldn't mind seeing him go in a package to land an impact player, but that kind of deal seems like a longshot in the best of circumstances.

Failing all of that, I'd just wait. The way things are going, it's looking likely that he'll be called up soon to spell some ineffective players and give the team a jump in the top 6. That might have been the plan all along anyway -- let him recuperate from surgery in Hamilton while the others try to prove their point.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote