vCash: 500
Never Happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jpageman
Oilers may look to dump some salary when the season starts
so

to Mtl: Ryan Smyth

to Edmonton: Bulis, 2nd round pick,3rd pick

it doesnt look to good from edmonton's side. But thats what happens to this team year after year
If the Oilers trade Smyth they will have lost the most important player on the team, I honestly don't think Bulis has anywhere near the same impact as Smyth and throwing in a 2nd round just doesn't cut it . I'm not sure about the contract Smyth signed recently but for a guy who made Team Canada in the 2002 Olympics (WE WON GOLD BOOYEAH!) I am pretty sure he's not making near the salary he's worth in today's inflated player salary market . My guess is He took a lower salary because he actually likes playing in Edmonton and I don't think it's a smart move for any team to try and rip him away from home . Smyth won't be as good himself in Montreal and Bulis will not be as good as Smyth in Edmonton. I see this as a lose/lose situation for both teams.

I'd love to see Ryan Smyth here in HABLAND but I don't think you should hold your breath . It's cold enough in a Montreal winter to turn blue without doing so .