View Single Post
Old
11-25-2004, 05:39 PM
nyr5186

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Could Blackburn play in Europe for a year to get back on track without clearing waivers? Maybe the London Racers

On a serious note perhaps the SM Liga or Swedish Elite League? I now its pretty unrealistic but i know many players have gone to Europe before joining the pro ranks or to get back in them (Rafalski, for example).

I just hate the thought of losing him on waivers after all this time of waiting to see what he can do.
Thats actually a pretty interesting idea that hasn't been brought up. Problem with that is European teams have no affiliation with the NHL or the Rangers, so they'd be looking out for who gives them the best chance to win instead of developing a goalie that they know wont be there in the future. Say Blackburn starts off slowly. Who's to say they're gonna be patient with him and keep giving him starts? Do we really want to entrust the development of one of our top prospects to a team in Sweden or Finland?

But at the risk of losing him for practically nothing or rushing him back to the NHL, maybe its the best option we have.