Thread: Flyers future
View Single Post
Old
11-26-2004, 01:41 AM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
I want to see where the chips will fall once the CBA has been reached. I think we're probably going to have a difficult enough time signing Carter, Richards, and Ruzicka because this is the first time we've decided we're going to do something on the cheap rather than pay market value at the time. I think it's gonna be a decision that is going to haunt us as it wouldn't surprise me if all three decide to walk. I mean, if players like Getzlaf, Stewart, Phaneuf, Coburn, Parise, etc....have all signed with their respective teams, why couldn't the Flyers sign their top three prospects? It's mind boggling. If those three walk, what do think the propaganda will be behind that? Hey, I like Clarkie, but he made three critical errors this past summer: 1) Letting Recchi walk; 2) Trying to sign Zhamnov even after Zhamnov turned down our very attractive offer - that money could have went to resign Recchi; 3) Not even bother to attemp to sign our three top prospects to contracts. Who knows, maybe it is time that Clarkie be given his walking papers......