View Single Post
Old
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
wjhl2009fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I would trade any player not named Alfredsson on this team if it was in the best interests of the team but I don't see how trading away our franchise offensive player is going to help when most of the offensive talent on the team will be retired in the next 4 years or so... Not to mention the lack of depth at center when it comes to offense on this team. I don't see Jim O'Brien or Regin ever being a #1 center. You just can't win in the this league without strong depth down the middle... just ask Fuhr.

But I'll humour you.

At the Draft Ottawa trades Jason Spezza and a 1st round pick to Nashville for Shea Weber and a 2nd.

Then Ottawa trades 1 or 2 2nds (we'll have 3) for the rights to Marc Savard and give him one of those Hossa/Zetterberg/Franzen type deals to replace Spezza. You know Murray would love to make an Ottawa boi the Franchise player. Kelly is dumped.

2010 team:
Michalek-Savard-Cheechoo
Alfredsson-Fisher-Kovalev
Foligno-Regin-Shannon
Ruutu-Winchester-Neil
Smith

Weber-Phillips
Kuba-Volchenkov(?)
Cowen-Karlsson
Carkner

LeClaire
Elliot
If spezza was to be traded i would hope they could get more then weber as much as i like him i do think ottawa could get more then that.Aslo giving up a 1st round pick i just feel that is a bit to much for weber unless there are prospects comming back.You aslo can't just look at trades to get a player like savard your going likely have to give up prospects and picks.I would perfer to see this team go the other route and build for the future by getting high end prospects.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote