View Single Post
Old
10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Look guys, there's no question that Kotalik has been as advertised on the powerplay (although I still like him better on the half boards than on the point) so far. But outside of that, I think he's been pretty ineffective 5 on 5. I don't get why you are saying he MUST play on the 3rd line - he's getting a lot of mileage out of one good defensive play and one goal over five games. Other than that, he's looked pretty invisible and ineffective on the third line. I thought last night's third line with Avery-Anisimov-Lisin was actually our best line (although they all played well) - adding Avery to Anisimov and Lisin made them that much more dangerous.

I will admit that Lisin has lost the puck off his stick more times than I would like the last couple of games, but he's also showing better and better physical, defensive and board play. Does he need to put it all together and start scoring goals? Absolutely. But he's been pretty darn effective and, unlike Kotalik (or rather, unlike Kotalik 5-on-5), he makes things happen when he's on the ice. There's a reason Torts gave him as much ice time as he did.

I like Torts's strategy last night of playing Kotalik on the fourth over Voros plus the first PP unit - and then giving him an extra shift here and there to keep him fresh. Of course, this is Torts we're talking about, so who knows what'll happen to the lineup once we lose a game.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote