View Single Post
Old
10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Panopticon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I completely disagree. I think Laakso looked fine tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
He got hemmed in is own zone often, and considering he doesnt play much to begin with it seemed like it happened every shift.
They way I saw it (again watched the game after reading the comments here) that he was in trouble with Kennedy (and no one else) on three occasions. Now, at least one of those cases was because Kennedy made a really great little play, not because Laakso did anything wrong. Also, most of the other Preds d-men were in trouble with Kennedy as well.

He was on the ice for 10 full shifts and 4 short stints, so I would hardly call it "every time he was on the ice". Not to mention the fact that he had a pretty good game otherwise. It's funny that you should only notice his mistakes, especially since most of you guys here seem to completely ignore any mistakes Weber and Suter make.

But yeah, I do think he played worse against Buffalo than he did against Colorado, but I still wouldn't call it a bad game from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
We could probably go on and on about this, but there is a reason that he is the only Dman on the team to have less than 10 minutes TOI at even strength.
Then again, his ice time seems to be increasing a bit and he also got PK shifts (which is something coaches rarely give to horrible defensemen, especially in a close game like that), so I'd say it's just a case of the coaching staff "breaking him in" slowly. And I've seen this guy play enough to tell you that his play will only get better when he gets more ice time, although I'm not suggesting they should just give it to him right now. A lot of guys who have played D can tell you that it's extremely hard to get in the game when you don't get a regular shift.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote