View Single Post
Old
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
VP and GM
Havlat is gone!

vCash: 500
First off, i'm sure DW is talking to many GMs about *possible* deals, remember he is known as a terrible tire kicker. This does not mean any deals are forth coming.

Second, i think it's a little soon to make a deal for a D, i'm wanting to wait to see if players can get it together and tighten up in this area. I'll add that we've made some changes in the off season and are breaking in 2 new D so far, lets stop making changes and try for some stabilization.

Third, not sure Van Ryn or White would be players i'd want. Van Ryan is *always* getting hurt and has offensive talents which i'm not sure we need. We could have kept Ehrhoff for about the same cap hit and he's a better more durable player.
I don't know enough about White. I'll say that the leafs are not know for their outstanding team D at this point so i'd be cautious about taking players with bad habits, etc. on our team.

Forth, we can get serviceable D for little to know cost via waivers, etc. Luko and Davison come to mind as former Sharks playing in the AHL that would be cheap.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote