View Single Post
Old
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This bothers me a lot as well. Its crazy.

Vally inevitably ***** the bed after a few good starts. Thats what backups do. Thats why theyre backups.
Completely agreed, BRB.

On another note, am I the only one who thought the Kessel trade was potentially a disaster for Toronto? Not because I think that 2 firsts and a second is overpayment for a player of Kessel's ability in general, but because I think that 2 firsts and a second is overpayment for the 2009-2010 Toronto team. They are just gawdawful - and it was obvious that they would we the moment the first week of FA ended. They basically have 9 3rd liners rounding out their first 3 lines (until Kessel returns).

So in my view, they just traded Taylor Hall, the 31st pick this year and potentially the best player in next year's (admittedly weak) draft class for Kessel. I understand the old argument about picks vs. proven NHL talent, but that argument is a lot more valid for mid 1st round picks and beyond. And those are going to be some darn valuable picks. I think Boston's just set itself up to be very good for a very long time...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote