View Single Post
Old
10-12-2009, 02:20 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
No one is getting more minutes on Chicago than the Keith-Seabook pairing and they are a pair that will not be split.

Sure Volchenkov would look great next to Campbell getting #4 minutes, but it aint gonna happen. What the Hawks need is stability in goal. The blueline is already one of the best.
He gets 17 minutes ES minutes a game, 4.5 shorthanded. Hjalmarsson gets 17:54 ES a game, so Volchs minutes would stay consistent there. Volch would get at least the 2:27 SH minutes that Hjalmarsson gets, plus I'm sure some of Keith and Seabrooks minutes. All the D on the Sens play between 18 and 22 minutes per game, so I can't see Volch getting less minutes than he does now really.

As I said, the best deal I can think of is at the deadline if we know Volch is gone, swing a deal based around Barker and Volch. Makes you guys way stronger for your playoff run, gives us a good young PMD who will hopefully mature into a top pairing guy down the road. Hawks also save Barkers 3mil a year to give to their RFA's, and lose a guy who's not that crucial to the team.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote