View Single Post
Old
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
Because we don't want Myers turning into a fruitloop like Hank?

Seriously though, putting away personal bias / just not likely Tallinder, Hank was (is?) on the trade block - for all we know he could be gone at the first opportunity. More importantly, whose style do you want Myers to pickup? Positionally sound, but soft as a pillow with no balls like Hank? Or physical, hitting and blocking shots like Lydman?

With the natural talents Myers has shown to date, I'm not worried about the former, and I think Lydman is the best teacher we have to show him the latter.
Having Hank as his partner is actually going to be highly beneficial to Myers' offensive game. Tyler has been able to be more aggressive on the offensive end of the ice because Tallinder is pretty much a pure stay-at-home type.

Lydman tends to get involved in the offense a little more.

And as far as emulating style...does this really happen? Did Sekera really emulate Lydman, or Spacek? Did Butler really emulate Rivet?

Those guys have their own style, and they were going to play that way regardless who they were partnered with. The choice of partner should be based on who complements their style of play.

Sounds to me like just another flimsy excuse to level shots against everyone's favorite scapegoat. And all this while Tallinder is actually playing well right now.

Style over substance, yet again.

New Sabres Captain is online now   Reply With Quote