View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 05:40 AM
VC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mole ii
Honestly now who has more value May or Lindgren? Its a no-brainer. Lindgren Plays way more and contributes way more than May could ever dream of. If We lose May big deal we have Langdon, Grenier, Ruutu, Allen, Cooke.

Lindgren is responsible while May is a liability
Lindgren happens to play in the lone spot that I wouldn't mind seeing a rookie play. Kesler and to a lesser extent Smith can play that spot between May and Ruutu/Keane or it moves Chubarov down to that line and Reid and to a lesser extent can play between Cooke and Linden.

Honestly, I value May more because he brings the toughness that Cooke doesn't provide, the experience that Grenier doesn't have, can play a regular shift that Langdon can't, plays the left wing apposed to right as Ruutu does and it is yet to be seen if Allen can crack the top six defensemen. May's brand on toughness would be sorely lacking from this team if he was let go, I'm not even a fan of his, but I do realize the role that he needs to fill.

Lindgren is great on the PK and very responsible defensively but didn't the Canucks just sign a perennial Selkie nominee in Magnus Arvedsson? His defensive loss would be more that covered. Myself, am I bigger Lindgren fan than May but I'm more of a fan of the Canucks winning, which May will help more than Lindgren IMO.