View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 05:40 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
My impression was that Z and Willie just hopped onto the ice when Malik made a breakaway pass to Cooke. I think it was a bad change (second period, long way to the bench for D's), not much of Michalek's fault. On the replay there were 2 forwards chasing Cooke (Laaksonen and Berzins), there was not a D anywhere near the play because they didn't have time to get back to their zone. I think it was Bomber and McAlpine changing, so probably more their fault.
I think I'd agree on the Michalek (Cooke) goal. He seemed like he was the only guy on the ice for us right then. Even Lemaire commented in the post-game that he thought Michalek may have made the right play on that goal, he just didn't get the puck. I think a guy like Kuba would've stayed back instead of going for the puck and tried to either slow up Cooke long enough for someone to get back on D or poked the puck away, and he probably would've had a good chance of preventing the goal. Not a big deal for Michalek.. not the type of mistake to me that says he needs more seasoning. MIchalek did get a little fiesty in the 2nd, if I recall correctly.. got some shoves in.