Thread: Proposal: Chi-ott
View Single Post
Old
10-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Beukeboom Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thliner View Post
Anton Volchenkov's game will be 10X more valuable come playoff time. And he is high value impact dman in the regular season as well. In fact Anton has as much impact on any given game as any Dman in the league can have on, except offensively. He is the ultimate pure physical shot blocking stay at home dman who can also move the puck very well and makes no defensive mistakes doing it what so ever.
You have to be either Volchenkov's agent or his mother.

I'm a big Volchenkov fan, but he (like every other d-man) does make mistakes. And if he moves the puck very well he'd get a lot more than the 10-15 assists he gets in a year. And his cap hit doesn't make that much difference at the deadline when the acquiring team is only picking up about 20% of the salary.

If the Sens are out of contention at the deadline (which would surprise me), I think that AV would have significant rental value. Something along the lines of a 1st + a suspect, or a 2nd & a decent prospect. Rentals almost never get signicant roster players back (aka - Versteeg or Sharp as mentioned above).

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote