Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Cap. He's set to make 3 mill a year.

My choices of players to go after on Chicago are:

Barker
Sharp
Brouwer
Hjarmalsson
Byfuglien

Pretty much none of them will be traded until after the season.

Barker helps their d and will probably be kept. Brouwer is cheap and a good player. Hjar is underrated and he'll probably be signed cheap. Sharp and Buff might be traded at the end of the season if need be.
Actually you are wrong

Huet is most likely to go. Rocky Wirtz wont hesitate burying him in minors and losing 11 mil if it means either Kane or Toews is in danger of being gone.

I expect Huet to be waived and sent to Rockford (Unless he is picked up or some one trades for him). I would expect the Hawks to look into signing someone like Biron for affordable rate or acquiring RFA rights to Halak or Harding.

I expect them to try and trade Campbell by packaging picks and a prospect like Beach with him. Dont know how successful that will be.

Now of the players that are RFA's or signed I expect

Ladd and Eager to depart as RFA's (Replaced by Beach, Skille or Aliu)
And Barker would most likely be traded as his defensive issues are a concern and Shawn Lalonde is in our system.

Then of the big 3 forwards if any need to be moved I expect it to be Versteeg as he could get us alot of assets and Makarov might come over from Russia next year if spot opens up.

I actually think there is a chance we could get rid of Campbell as he would be packaged with a decent amount of assets (1st's and top prospect)

Anyway who cares about the future when this team is just 1 piece away from possibly being a champion. We need a goalie. Our offense is great and Hossa will only help that. We just need a solid G. Huet doesn't appear to be that goalie!

We will have cap troubles but our goal is to win now! And it is in reach

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote