Thread: CBA news
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 07:50 AM
Laches

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
i think you are being a little ignorant laches. lets say the NHL contracts pittsburgh,nashville,calgary and carolina. it will improve the league because those players will be dispersed to the remaining 26 teams to make those teams stronger. contraction will help in a way with the trap because no names that arent good enough to be in the league just clutch and grab the stars of the other team. look at the devils, you shouldnt be allowed to win a stanley cup when grant marshall and pascal rheameu are the big deadline deals. so those players wouldnt catch on with the other teams if they arent good enough and parity is restored cause every team would have at least 2-3 very good players.
---You're telling me that contracting four teams is going to force New Jersey, Dallas and Anaheim to stop playing defensive systems and you think I'm the one being ignorant?

And what the hell is this "you shouldnt be allowed to win a stanley cup when grant marshall and pascal rheameu are the big deadline deals" nonsense? That is perhaps the single dumbest statement ever to grace these boards. You should only be allowed to compete for the cup if you trade for a marquis player at the deadline? Okay....

All of this carping about defensive teams is really nothing more than Ranger fan bitterness. For whatever reason, some Ranger fans feel an overriding need to discredit teams who succeed while their team falls flat on its face. So rather than just accept the fact that the Devils are simply a bettter team, they spew this "they aren't reallly good, it's just because of their system" nonsense.