View Single Post
Old
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
I don't know if it was discussed or not, but I really didn't like the fact that Smyth iced that puck in the last minute looking for the empty netter. I realize if that shot goes in he's awesome and everything, but the fact of the matter is it didn't and we're fortunate Murray had a timeout to rest our key defenders. Another goal would be nice for the stat-****** out there (and I'm one of them), but not at the risk of putting the game in jeapordy.

I remember last year Frolov was criticized early in the season for the exact same play - can't remember if he scored although I think this was the case - and Murray really leaned on making the safe play in those sorts of situations. From there out nobody took a potshot from our side of the red line.

A small thing, but it could've been huge. It'd be interesting to see if Murray mentioned anything about it to Smyth, who otherwise extended his awesomeness-streak to 5 games.
i mentioned that play to my woman when she got home and said that that was something that could have cost the team the game... her answer - had that have been Frolov, there'd have been a 400 page thread about it.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote