View Single Post
Old
10-13-2009, 02:56 PM
SpezDispenser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
yes, but NTCs get waived all the time. Kuba waived his to leave that situation in tampa, so he might waive again this year given the opportunity to go to a contender.

@spezdispenser
this isnt about panic. This is about realistic planning. We are not going to carry 20 forwards all year. Something has to give up front eventually. On the back end, the resigning of volchenkov is very important, but we will have the rights to 6 other defencemen (phillips, kuba, lee, picard, campoli, cowen) who expect to play in the NHL next year. Eventually space will have to be made there too. I'm just trying to gauge what other teams' fans would be willing to give up for our players.
Okay I see where you're at now. The guys with no future on this team (after this year I presume) are Picard, Campoli and Kelly. Those are the guys who are for sure in line for a different sweater, Shannon can stay as long as he continues his amazing play and steers clear of concussions (and doesn't expect too big a raise). Kuba can stay one more year after this, then when his NTC is lifted, we can move him out for something good hopefully (great player).

Same with Phillips. We're gonna have to see where we're at next year with Cowen and Karlsson and hopefully Wiercioch banging on the door.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote