View Single Post
Old
11-27-2004, 03:56 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Markov is and was a lot more established at the time of the trade. He's a lot more of a sure thing than Allen is at the moment. Plus, why would the Canes deal a defenseman for Williams only to trade Williams for a defenseman once again, doesn't make any sense.
all very true, i think the original offer was just to see if the value was on - which i think it is. realisticly for both teams - this deal would probably be for oneill. the canes are much more likely to move him for a defensemen, since they seem to think they cant afford him. williams is still pretty cheap and plays a top 6 role - he is about as off limits as a player can be (coming from the canes side). the nucks are a team thats gettin to the point where they are built for now more than the future. if they are going to take advantage of naslund and bertuzzi in their primes and try to win now, i would think oneill would be the better fitting piece of the puzzle. not that williams isnt a good player, its just he is still developing and its still hard to say what kind of player he is yet. oneill is a scoring winger who can play in the playoffs and help take some heat off the top line.