View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 07:59 AM
Hemsky01

vCash: 500
Well I've read about a 1000 opinions (from here to oilfans) on Mikey and here is my two cents worth. Nobody that anyone here has mentioned (outside of maybe Simon Gagne) would make up for the whole in the lineup that Comrie leaves. And lets not forget, he scored 50 plus points in a year where he missed a pile of game and in a year where we would all agree he didn't nearly play his best hockey. He lead the Oilers with 6 game winning goals in a year where everyone seems to think he sucked. If that is what they call the dread sophmore jinx, I want to see what this guy can do. A friend of mine played with Comrie in Kootney and said he was one of the most motivated guys he had ever seen. I'm sorry. I'm not say KLowe is doing the wrong thing by not giving him the money he's asking for but there is no way Comrie goes anywhere without a legit young star coming back. In my books, Comrie will be a 80 - 90pt. player some day.(The Briere comparisons are laughable) I'm not saying his trade value is that of a 80 - 90 pt player, just that that is his potential. I would take him over Datsyk, Zetterberg but again, that is just my opinion. Hope Lowe doesn't trade him because what he could get for him now would never be enough.