View Single Post
Old
11-27-2004, 07:18 PM
budscweizer16

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
Quote:
Richards gets absolutely no love on this board. He's probably our best prospect, but because he isn't 6'3, he's dropped a couple of spots. I'll say this. I bet Richards becomes another Sakic type player. I hear about how great Richards is defensively and all that other jazz, but what you never hear about is that the guy has awesome offensive numbers. He's an offensively gifted centerman and we've already got him pegged as a third line heart and soul. Hogwash. Mike Richards has the ability to be a first line centerman IF given the opportunity. I say Mike Richards is just as untouchable as Jeff Carter, maybe moreso because Mike is the complete package.
The only reason people even consider dealing Richards is b/c we already have a good crop of centers, and b/c the other top tier prospect, Carter is a center to, and u hear alot more about Carter and how good he is gonna be then Richards. i am not saying Carter is better then Richards, but thats how alot of people feel, and you hear alot more about him. I say keep them both. or only for someone like Phaneuf like everyone is saying would i deal him.