Old
10-14-2009, 03:11 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
pre-game fodder http://lakingsnews.com/2009/10/14/th...wounded-groin/
The NHL’s two hottest teams (when was the last time the Kings were a part of that sentence?) have a few storylines to go along with the pursuit of two points. The Kings will face Brian Boyle for the first time since trading him over the summer. Boyle recently expressed some bitterness towards his former club.

“It was frustrating in Los Angeles, so I was happy with the trade,” Boyle told News Day. Apparently he has picked up the name ‘T-Bone’. Hard to imagine why, as Boyle’s reputation is more fitting of the moniker ‘Tartar’, as he has yet to fully translate his tasty raw skill in to a well-prepared main course.

He also told NorthJersey.com that his time with the Kings “hamstrung me last year.” Even though he is being asked to play the same role with the Rangers as he was last year with the Kings, a tough, 4th line center, Boyle added “It paralyzed me, looking over my shoulder wondering if I could stick in Los Angeles. It’s a fresh start here.”

Big words from a big man with a little game.

Kings win. Duh.

Frolov vs. Gaborik = Battle of Wounded Groi
n.
I agree 100% with Boyle. He did well towards the end of last season and even had a couple of scraps to prove his worth. The guy can score and has the size to be physical AND has the heart to play in the nhl.

I don't think he's ever been given a fair shot by the kings or in new york for that matter. I guess time will tell but I'm pulling for Boyle.