View Single Post
Old
10-14-2009, 09:42 PM
funky

vCash: 500
Ersberg had a bad game but it was his 1st in a while. I still would rather have him in there then have Bernier ride the pine.

Ivanans should be playing 30 - 50 games a year, and not against quick skilled teams missing there goon like tonight. His penalty to start the game was selfish and put us in a hole, and I am an Ivanans fan.

Brown has played no better then a 3rd line checker all year, he really has to step it up. He seems a split second behind at all times.

Doughty didn't have a great game but he is suffering from injuries and is still young, he will be great but there will be some growing pains as seen in the 1st game and a little tonight.

We need another player like Simmonds to bring that extra energy. Clune even on the 4th line will help.

I am not for trading off prospects but we really do have a team on the verge. Watching Quick I am confident he will be a solid #1. What we lack is a second PP QB. With Toronto in the dumps and BB already trying to trade Kaberle I would try and pounce. A 20 - 24 minute a night guy will solidify our defence for the next couple of years and take a little pressure of Doughty as well as afford Hickey that extra year to develop. I love Drewiske and Moller but Burkie is looking to redo the team and those pieces may be appitizing?

On the plus side Williams although not a proper dman on a PP looks like he is starting to become the Williams of old. To me he is still a second liner but is a little grit on the top line.

Plus side 2 - Simmonds, I love his game, would love to see him get a chance on the top line to see what he can do. His energy coupled with Kopitars skill and Smyths nose for the net would be great.

Plus side 3 - Richardson is playing his butt off, he is making the most of this oppertunity.