View Single Post
Old
10-14-2009, 11:27 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Never been supportive of that and still am not completely sold on the idea, but...Trotz has to be on a short, short leash.
I'm in this camp as well. Trotz has been given just enough rope to hang himself with this year with a moderately talented offensive team, and it looks like that's exactly what he's going to do.

Quote:
There is no immediate candidate that sticks out and screams to me "I'm a good fit to replace Trotz". Tippett would have been a good candidate, but he is now in Phoenix. I don't think Lambert would be the best choice either necessarily. Peterson deserves a shot somewhere, but that wouldn't be too drastic of a change and unfortunately cannot be looked upon as a long-term solution.

Definitely will be a true franchise defining moment tomorrow night. I doubt ownership will allow this to continue for too long if it impacts attendance as we all know it will. The pressure will be put on Poile to find a solution and Trotz's head will definitely be an option presented...
What about Peter Laviolette? Last I heard, he was still working as an analyst at TSN. He just seems like a guy Poile would like.

I have a gut feeling that this is the year that Trotz finally gets the axe, and it could come within the next five games if this keeps up.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote