Old
10-15-2009, 01:12 AM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
What about next year?

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

Of course, it is possible Lidstrom retires, or takes a something ridiculous (2-5 mill), but I think Helm, Holmstrom, and Bertuzzi represent bare minimums for the roles they fill, maybe Detroit feels Abdulkader and Leino can move into those roles (which allows them to fill out the bottom of . Stuart has both trade value (San Jose could use him) and isn't terribly necessary with either Kindl or Ericsson top 4 capable, but I believe he has a NTC. Other than him, Filppula is the only guy they would even consider moving, and I highly doubt it because Holland signed him to a long deal, and the org is built on loyalty.

I think Giguere would be a major upgrade for Detroit, but at his salary he just isn't worth it. Hiller on the other hand would generate some major interest IMO.
Giguere would be an option next year, but Holland would allow himself to be outbid if it comes to that. You wouldn't get much out of Holland if you were trading Giguere without a lot of takers.

Stuarts NTC expires in July. And Filppula could be moved, but not for Giguere.

Honestly, the only way I wouldn't mind adding Giguere is if Rafalski went the other way. And Raffi has an NTC.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote