09-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
That was one of my favorite articles of the morning. As well as the Roy one.

I wish I could get some clips of the fights with Peters last night, but from what I heard during and after the game, it appeared he was pretty dominant.

Not only is he built like Laraque now in terms of height and weight, he's finally learned how to punch without injuring himself. I think that the boxing lessons and 23 pounds have started him on the track to being a legitimate NHL enforcer.

I wish we could have seen him in action against some real NHLers though. McGrattan and Brookbank are tough customers, but they are AHL tough guys. I think Chris Neil would have been a good test for Peters last night (but I guess he respectfully declined).

He needs to get at a gateway type guy, a middle of the road NHL tough guy, at some point this preseason. If he can convincingly win a fight like that, I think that will answer a lot of questions.
I think he needs to step up against a legit top of the line tough guy. If not that, then someone who's got that reputation if no longer the ability. Think back to Boulton making the team, he stepped up and demolished Probert. Yes, Probert was slipping, but he still had the reputation. At his size Peters has to take on everyone.