View Single Post
Old
10-15-2009, 01:32 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Didn't know about Stuart's NTC, thanks.

On filppula, I wasn't implying that he would be traded for Giguere. I was simply pointing out that aside from Stuart he is the only movable player with a 3 mill+ salary.

I don't see Rafalski waiving since he is from Michigan, but you of course knew that.
Yup. The only way Rafalski moves is if he feels put off by the Wings organization asking him to waive his NTC - and they're the last group of guys to do that. Stuart, on the other hand, would waive his NTC IMO. The reason he asked for it in the first place is because his step-daughter (IIRC) was 16 at the time of the signing, and he didn't want to be traded while she was in the middle of high school. But if he was asked to move in, say, February (to a contending team), I'd bank on him doing it.

At the same time, Detroit pretty much has 5 puck-movers and 1 guy who can play a defensive defenseman's game - that being Stuart. So, while I think hes moveable for the right deal, we'd need to figure out how to get a defensive defenseman (or two) coming back, not necessarily of Stuart's all around calibre.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote