View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
the thing about comrie is that it is more than just points that set his value. This is a young man who didn't back off the challenge of being a 1st line centre in his first full year in the nhl ( in his hometown ). Most kids would have froze or choked on that. It is not like minny where the fans are happy if you show up. IN edm, they demand a winner.

He was born a millionaire but yet managed to make the nhl as a 5'9" player. That tells me he has guts to spare. At any time during his hockey career, he could have given up and gone home to daddy's millions. IMO, it is much harder for a rich kid to succeed in sports than it is for a ghetto black kid because the rich kid has alternatives.

He has put up better numbers than havlat and very close to gaborik. IMO, he will end up being better than gaborik because he will never quit trying. That is his trade value.
IMO Comrie is in the league with Drury, Lankow, Datsyuk, Gomez, Morrison. What his trade value is right now is tough to tell epsecially with the clamp down teams have on spending. My preference would be for the oil to keep him unless you can get value. If we could get good value for him then i say move him so our top 6 doesn't have 2 Shrimps in it. I think the evaluation of him versus mike york is pretty close and so we have a plyer ready to step in and replace Comrie. York would not be a downgrade and the player we would get back would be pretty good too.

I think the best solution is Trading Mike Comrie for a D-man so that we have a solid d-core for this coming season and years to come. We have player who could step up to a top 6 role to replace MC but we have no d-men ready to step into a top 4 role on D to replace Smith or staois.

I think this decision is a slam dunk if we can get good value for him