View Single Post
Old
10-16-2009, 09:18 PM
bauerhockey02

vCash: 500
Realistic to play travel?

I just turned 18 and I am freshman in college. I just started playing about 6 months ago in a spring youth league. Right now I practice/play on an Adult Instructional team near my school on Thursday nights and practice with my dads Law Enforcement team on Wednesday nights. I was wondering if it is realistic for me to play for this travel team or should I just stick to what I am doing now? http://www.iceworks.net/leagues/inhouse/

During the spring league I had never played Ice hockey before but had to play Midget A/B because they didnt have any other beginners for a C level team. However at the same time in the three games I got to play of the eight sceduled I almost scored, almost had an assist (couple unlucky breaks) and was only a -3 between all games even though we had about 18 goals against us during those games and my line didnt score at all. In my scrimmages right now during my practices I average at least a point each time and have had a couple multiple goal/point scrimmages.

I know this team started a month ago but I receive email updates about the team due to playing on the spring team and was told the following, "WE ARE STILL LOOKING FOR PLAYERS AT BOTH LEVELS. IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE INTERESTED IN PLAYING PLEASE HAVE THEM CONTACT ME ASAP. THE MIDGETS WILL PLAY A 30 GAME LEAGUE SCHEDULE PLUS NON-LEAGUE GAMES, PRACTICES & PLAYOFFS. THE BANTAMS WILL PLAY AN EXTENSIVE INDEPENDENT SCHEDULE PLUS PRACTICES & TOURNAMENTS. THAT IS CLUB-LIKE ICE TIME FOR 775.00 !!!"

I am going to check out one of the teams practices tomorrow night and may try to catch the coach after and try to talk to him about playing since this is my last year of midget eligibility. Is it realistic that I could play and not hurt the team or am i just fooling myself?

bauerhockey02 is offline   Reply With Quote