View Single Post
Old
11-29-2004, 09:46 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M
And yet Flordia Panthers fans aren't upset with Anthony Stewart, even though he wasn't a point per game player in the OHL. In all seriousness, I don't think that every first rounder has to be a point per game player. If we end up with a Joel Otto kind of guy, a huge third line center who blocks shots, plays mean, wins faceoffs, intimidates opposition out of Boyle (which I think is more likely then the second coming of Allison) then we win. Remember, 2003's 26th pick of the first round, is 1993's 2nd pick of the second round and 1990's 6th second rounder. That said, realize that "first round" pick isn't that big. Top 5 or top 10, yeah, then I'd expect him to live up to your expectations.
i don't think we should have gotten a big soft 3rd liner out of the 26th pick. there was plenty of talent to go around AFTER boyle that would have been great. i already mentioned eaves and probably dont even have to go into begeron, sullivan, or howard or hell even pushkarev. it's not about points either, it's about his style of play that worries me too. this guy plays soft and is no where near attaining that mean streak u speak about. if he could hit, i would be more at ease, but as of now, we have a soft big guy who apparently can't skate and can't contribute on the score sheet.