View Single Post
Old
11-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
That is not true. The difference between Bure/Kovalev and Balej is simply they had one extra ordinary skill which put them ahead of other talented players. Kovalev was a bull as mentioned before, he was able to play the rugged PF game even with his finess skills. Bure had blazing speed and power, couldn't knock him off the puck and he'd burn right by you. Hands, shooting etc, they are each similar but Balej lacks that one skill which puts him ahead of the pack.
They have more then 1 skill. They are just more talented in basically every aspect. Kovalev is a bull like you mentioned, but he also has a blazing shot and incredible stickhandling skills.

You can't tell me Bure and Balej have similar hands and shots. Bure had an absolute rocket, and some of the best finishing hands that I've ever seen. I have yet to see Balej flash the hands in the AHL like Bure did as a rookie in the NHL.

Let's be honest - talent wise - you have two guys who have the talent to take over a game at the NHL level. Balej is a nice prospect, but he's not in that hemisphere IMHO.