Thread: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
11-29-2004, 12:36 PM
T2M

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
i don't think we should have gotten a big soft 3rd liner out of the 26th pick. there was plenty of talent to go around AFTER boyle that would have been great. i already mentioned eaves and probably dont even have to go into begeron, sullivan, or howard or hell even pushkarev. it's not about points either, it's about his style of play that worries me too. this guy plays soft and is no where near attaining that mean streak u speak about. if he could hit, i would be more at ease, but as of now, we have a soft big guy who apparently can't skate and can't contribute on the score sheet.
From what I've heard and read he plays a fairly physical game for a US college player. True, he's not Brooks Oprik or Mike Komisarek but I haven't heard that Boyle's soft. It's not like he plays in a league where he can get away with dirty play. He knows that if he plays dirty, he's not in the lineup next week and that's a lot of downtime for somebody who has to play. Also, from what I heard Boyle's a quality skater. Maybe he's not Brady Murray or Jeff Tambellini but lots of other guys aren't either. I still stand by the pick, I just wish he'd be in junior right now, but maybe college is the best place for him. Unfortunately, I think he's one of those guys who will hang in there until he's 22, start to make some waves, and at 25 look awesome.