View Single Post
Old
11-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Chief

vCash: 500
The Rangers goalie situation is one of the most interesting in the league. Dunham and Weekes don't have contracts for next season, so the Rangers may wind up looking elsewhere if they want a vet in net for the 05-06 season and that might open up a lot of interesting possibilities. No one knows what the UFA age will be in the next CBA, not to mention what the compensation for signing an RFA will be. There might just be a vet on the open market who will be very interesting for the Rangers.

I disagree with the person who said it all hinges on Blackburn. I think Blackburn is almost an afterthought in the Rangers organization at this point in time. I think you just pray for the best with Blackburn but you move forward as if he's not there. In any event, I have a hard time believing he could be ready at all for the NHL next season but he might be forced there if he's to remain Ranger property. The truth is that unless he actually plays this year and excells, he won't fetch much in a trade, so maybe they try and prop him up with the big club until they can move him for something. If that were to happen, that would be two times the Rangers put him in over his head.

I think the likely scenario is you have both Monty and Lundqvist splitting duties at Hartford to start the next season.