Thread: Speculation: What if?
View Single Post
Old
10-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Habs 1909

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
What if last season Gainey made his decision about the future ahead of time and traded, Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek, Tanguay and the other UFA's for picks and prospects?

Example: Komisarek and Higgins to New York for Del Zotto and a 1st round pick

This could of meant rebuilding Hamilton again from the bottom up and having enough picks in the coming two drafts to either move up into the top five and get a player like Duchene or Kadri, or make a move and pick up Bouwmeester's rights etc.

I just think that after letting the likes of Souray, Streit, Ryder and others walk away with no asset in return, Gainey would of said enough is enough and since I am re-vamping the whole team next season, why not re-vamp Philadelphia Flyers style, I mean look at them now!

Bottom line is that we have NO top 6 forward developing after Pacioretty, our defense is okay ONLY if Subban, Weber and Carle all pan out by next season and after Price and Halak, we are banking on two 6'6" + goalies to make it to the NHL.

I think we could of been in such a great spot if we had sold at the trade deadline last season...

Can you imagine the reaction of the fans if Gainey were to sell at the trade deadline when we were in the playoff picture, in the centennial season?

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote