View Single Post
Old
11-29-2004, 02:58 PM
devilsfan26

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to devilsfan26
Three memories come to mind.

One occured two years ago, in my first roller hockey game after being completely shut off from any organized hockey for six years (I played roller hockey when i was 8 and 9). Anyway, on my first shift of the season, which felt like my first shift ever actually, I was on a 1 on 1 with a guy, and I sucked at deking, but I had a nice slapshot, so I decided to rip one at the net from a little below the top of the faceoff circle, went straight in far side. Felt awesome because other than scoring a goal on my first shift, and first shot for that matter, in 6 years, it was also my first goal. The good feeling didn't last that long because we ended up losing 10-2, but at least my goal put us up 1-0 for a few minutes.

Even though we got manhandled in that first game, we won the championship that year. I had a goal in this game, too. This time a one-timer from the point. Not only did we win the the championship, I was also given the MVP award (although I honestly believe there were three guys on the team who deserved it more than me, but oh well...winning a championship and MVP award in my first season in 6 years felt awesome.)

But I don't think anything compares to what I posted in the "favorite minor hockey experience" thread about winning the championship again last year. For the sake of not making this post forever long, I'll just post the link to that thread: here