Thread: Rumor: Barker to Montreal?
View Single Post
Old
10-19-2009, 12:20 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'm sorry. I don't think in any possible reality Plekanec is considered our best player. I don't care if he has 1 point or 100 at this point in the season. The fact that he's the leading scorer on this team right now means a big fat zero. He has to do more than play well in 7 games to change the impression of him from the last 2 years. He is small and we need size on our top 2 lines. Seriously. I'm not hating on him because he's had a great beginning to the season. Your comment tho is a little ridiculous.
Two years ago he was second in goals and second in points on the league's best offensive team. Be honest, he needs to change the impression of him from last year only. Plekanec has been excellent for this team his whole career with the exception of last year. Overall he's been a model of consistency.

He's been the first to recognize he had a terrible year (and even then he still was our 3rd best goal scorer, believe it or not). His work ethics are incredible, he clearly wants to show us he can be a 1st line center (not just 2nd and definitively not 3rd!) and that last year was an anomaly.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote