View Single Post
Old
10-19-2009, 01:29 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
I was going to make this post in the Kobasew thread but I'll put it here;

This organization is a mess. Top to bottom. A complete and utter mess. They have no idea what the hell they are doing whatsoever. They have no direction and no blueprint on building a team. They are spinning their wheels and simply getting no where.

It's time to buckle down and trade off everyone and anyone not named Mikko Koivu. Yes, Boogaard, Burns, Schultz, Backstrom (if we can find someone to take him and he's willing to go), Pouliot, Sheppard. A fire sale. If we're going to do this right, and build a team, scraping the bottom for a few years isn't going to hurt this team whatsoever.

The Kobasew trade is simply baffling. Not only do we give up a decent prospect in Fallstrom who had chemistry with Huala but also a 2nd round pick in 2011? I thought that Fletcher treated draft picks like gold.

It's a desperation move by a team and right now is not a time to panic. We knew this season was going to be rough. We knew that we were looking at a top 5 pick that we didn't get from the expansion draft or a lock out. And right now we are panicking. And it's disgusting. I thought we had move away from those desperation moves.

Kobasew does not address a single issue a prospect from the minors could have helped with. We have a few prospects that could have used the time up in the majors to help us; Madsen (who I think finally left, but oh well), Irmen, Gilles, Earl, Almond, McMillian, Kalus. Seriously. If we're going to be bad let the young kids develop. Don't make a pansy ass trade like this and mortgage our future because we suck.

This team is not going to win a Stanley Cup anytime soon if it doesn't figure out what they want to do and how to build it. I, for one, knew this season was going to be long, going to be rough, and I was excited that we were building in the right direction. And now Fletcher panics and trades two chips for a player we have a dozen already.

/sighs

It's simply disgusting.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote