Thread: trade deadline
View Single Post
Old
10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
GIN ANTONIC

vCash: 500
We can hire back Lavi to jump start he offense. Trade Erik Cole for Justin Williams or something like that. Next year do the opposite.

I think this is still premature. There some changes made in the offseason an injuries have been less than helpful so far this year. But I'm putting the team on a short leash. I don't want another season like after the cup where we were all like "They'll pick it up. We're still in the hunt blah blah blah...". I need to see some results by the end of october.

IF we are out of it at the deadline I wouldn't be opposed to trading whitney although I'd love him to finish his career here. If he's on pace for another 60+ point year then a 2nd is a shoe in. I don't think we should trade Corvo unless we're absolutely positive that he's not coming back next year. We can't have Pits as the only (and I mean only) D-man who can skate with the puck and dish it to our forwards to bring some offense. Not to mention his shot on the point. Ward I could see trading to a contender and getting a 2nd for. I'd be very into this as I'm sure he'd just with us anyway in the offseason for like 1.5 per or something. Cullen should probably be dealt as well because I don't see him coming back next year. We need to bring up some of the young guys and he isn't a legit 2nd line center. He's good at what he does but he's just not consistent enough to carry a 2nd line for a whole season. Anyway, that's my thoughts. Maybe even with Alberts big pay increase next year we could deal him but that night not garner much interest and maybe I jsut need to see a bit more of him before I judge, but he hasn't impressed me this year.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote