View Single Post
Old
10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

vCash: 500
Once again I will say it regarding Hammond: he is the face of the Kings PR machine.

Cammalleri, Vish, Boyle and now Frolov all get derided on the blog and most of the fan base takes whatever is said on there at face value.

Seriously, you have a 35 goal scorer in Cammalleri that is remembered by most now as a greedy not-that-good hockey player and Visnovksy turned from being touted by Kings fans as a Top-10 defenseman into somebody who just isn't very good.

The blog has everyone worrying more about f'ing contracts than on-ice performance. Call Terry Murray an idiot for saying this in public but it's all done for a reason. This won't really hurt his trade value because Frolov hasn't changed his game and these comments don't change them: the league knows he is an enigma.

These comments are more about preparing the fan base to say goodbye to a long-time King. Soften the blow by making it look like he doesn't care and that there is no getting through to him.

I posted my thoughts on Frolov in the Hbuzz Rumors II thread last night and I think it's pretty dead on. I was thinking this morning that Sturm + might be in the cards unfortunately. Sturm would slide into that 3rd line spot and give LA more speed while Frolov helps replace Kessel for this season and his salary is of no concern to the Bruins for next season.

The Kobasew trade may change things though...I don't know how much more money they are looking to shed.