View Single Post
Old
10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
Unfortunately there are cultural dynamics in play here as well, and that's evident by reading that he's not responding in meetings when his performance is discussed. Everyone responds differently, particularly when differing cultures are involved. Clearly they've tried to to deal with that by giving him a lot of time to see if he can address their concerns on the ice and he's not responding - at least not consistently.

I can understand a coach not being able to work with a player (and it being the coach's fault for not finding the right way to get the point across), but now we're hearing that it's been at least 2 coaches, and 2 general managers. It's not the coaching or the GM... it's the player.

If Frolov isn't part of the big picture, then I'd like to know as a fan sooner rather than later who will replace him, because the Kings don't have the luxury of continuing to bench the guy - they have no one that can step in to replace his production.

It's frustrating because I thought the Frolov tenure was over at the end of last season, yet here he still is. We don't have another season to waste on seeing if Frolov's in the mood to actually play hard enough, consistently enough to make the playoffs. DL needs to find the guy that's going to replace him and move on.

- T

Last edited by TonySCV: 10-19-2009 at 05:34 PM.