View Single Post
Old
11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Winston Wolf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Ken Hitchcock is an amazing coach. He managed to get Brett Hull (not sure of the results) and Jeremy Roenick to play some defense (we've witnessed Roenick become quite a good defensive foward now). If he can get two stubborn old vets to start playing a more defensive game I honestly can't see why he couldn't coach a young kid to play defense. Also im pretty sure Mario Lemieux dominated the Q and came out average on defense. I know he's not a whiz but he's alright. The only problem with Crosby IMO is his size. Gretzky was able to overcome that im not sure if Crosby will be half of what Gretzky was but maybe. Maybe Crosby's more fit for the West im not sure I like the idea of taking a chance though.
In Hitch's system players like Richards by themselves are more valuable than Crosby, IMO. Two way guys that are offensively capable are infinitely more valuable to Hitchcock than purely offensive dynamos. They flat out don't fit in his system or it takes several years for them to change their play with limited offensive numbers, which in turn nullifies the point of even acquiring them. It would never be worth it to the Flyers to give up what they'd have to in order to acquire Crosby.