Thread: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2004, 02:06 AM
maximil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M
From what I've heard and read he plays a fairly physical game for a US college player. True, he's not Brooks Oprik or Mike Komisarek but I haven't heard that Boyle's soft. It's not like he plays in a league where he can get away with dirty play. He knows that if he plays dirty, he's not in the lineup next week and that's a lot of downtime for somebody who has to play. Also, from what I heard Boyle's a quality skater. Maybe he's not Brady Murray or Jeff Tambellini but lots of other guys aren't either. I still stand by the pick, I just wish he'd be in junior right now, but maybe college is the best place for him. Unfortunately, I think he's one of those guys who will hang in there until he's 22, start to make some waves, and at 25 look awesome.
This is pretty much what I think about it. I've heard some negative comments from BC fans but I'll put my money on the Kings scouting staff over a bunch of college hockey fans any day of the week.

Your crazy if you think Eaves won't be able to make an impact. The only thing that worries me about his game is the number of injuries he has sustained.