View Single Post
Old
10-20-2009, 03:42 PM
PHX FireBirds18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Not to say many of the criticisms are unfounded but fact is there always seems to be a whipping boy around here and right now that boy is Mueller. People have a tendency to jump on the bashwagon and until Mueller does something above and beyond he'll continue to endure criticism around here whether deserving or not.
Correct. The problem is, Mueller arguably is our most talented forward. When he doesn't put forth that effort it's just real frustrating to watch. Of course he's going to be the whipping boy, but when you look at his draft and some of the guys drafted in the years before him. He's a hell of a lot further along than most of our prospects. He gets the short end of the stick because he is already up with the big team, but not bringing consistency on a nightly basis. I would of loved for Mueller to have spent some time in the AHL. It seems like it is doing good things for some of our younger players.

That said, I'm not to worried about it right now. He's starting to look a lot better on that line than he did earlier in the season. I see some chemistry going with him and Upshall right now.