View Single Post
Old
10-21-2009, 12:32 PM
D713B

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Well I mean, they ARE Boston fans. Shouldn't come as that much of a surprise

I've been there many times and haven't had any significant problems. In 2008 I was sitting way up high in the upper deck surrounded by about 2 rows of Rangers fans on each side. They weren't saying too much then.
I didn't have much of a problem either to be honest. One kid (17-18ish) laughed when Straka blocked Chara's shot and hurt himself. I asked him if he had the cajones to get in the way of my slap shot let alone Zdeno Chara's and he piped down. I really don't get why someone would laugh at a player getting injured.

Then heading to the "T" after the game the crowd started cheering let's go Sox because it was the night of a playoff game. I clearly didn't cheer with them, so a fan (20ish) asked me why I wasn't. I told him I was a Yankee fan, he asked why and I told him I'm a New Yorker. He then said something along the lines of how being a New Yorker must be awful. I asked him if it was just a coincidence that he was the smallest member of his three person entourage yet had the biggest mouth. His friends laughed at him.

Other than that everyone else was civil and I was able to have hockey discussions with the surrounding fans. There isn't much of a rivalry between the Bruins and Rangers for there to be much vitriol between the fan bases.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote