View Single Post
Old
11-30-2004, 08:35 PM
BCCHL inactive

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan26
I don't know about that one, I think these people who write the rulebooks need to clarify what is deemed a kicking motion. You say you have seen this happen in the NHL and the goal was disallowed, but I have seen the same thing where the goal was allowed (for example: Jay Pandolfo Game 6 2003 Stanley Cup Finals), so it probably depends on the ref's interpretation of the rule, which is why they need to define what they mean by "kicking motion" better.
I agree and I don't. For something like this, there will always be room for interpretation.

Instead of deeming what is and is not a kicking motion, the GMs need to get together and come up with as many examples as they can, and decide whether each situation calls for a goal or a disallowed goal. They might have already done this since I'm sure the NHL does have a casebook, but I know this specific situation (a stopping motion directing the puck in) isn't even in the Hockey Canada referee's casebook...leaving it all up to the referee on the ice.

Hell, I think there should be one rulebook for all hockey like FIFA has the Laws Of The Game for soccer, but that's also a whole other issue.