View Single Post
Old
10-22-2009, 10:07 AM
pfloyd75

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I think Colorado as a franchise has a much higher reputation and proven track record than Atlanta. Bigger hockey market, no doubt. I do not see forwards like Stastny, Hejduk, etc. there to play with Kovalchuk. For your Kane, we have a Duchene who's even better. Lots of cap room and top free agents have already shown they will come to Colorado as well.

That is my unbiased opinion.
I'll match your Stastny and Hejduk with Antropov and Little and I'll raise you a Bogosian and an Enstrom.

There is no doubt that Colorado has a longer, more storied history but I am not sure that Kovy really cares about history unless it has to do with the Russian/Soviet national teams. His primary concern is winning now and in the future, which I really don't see a lot of difference between the Avalanche and Thrashers. If anything, I think the Thrashers might have a bit of an edge because they've sucked longer and have stockpiled some nice pieces for the future because of that suckage.

I think he stays in Atlanta, but if he goes anywhere- it will be somewhere that he percieves the chances of winning are greater. Who knows, maybe he takes a discount (ala Hossa) to play in Washington or Pittsburgh just to get a good shot at a cup soon and then cashes in later.

pfloyd75 is offline   Reply With Quote