View Single Post
Old
10-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Jiggernaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalHabsFan View Post
i think trading Akost would be a real mistake. He has the potential to score 40 goals, you don't give up on great talent unless you're 100% he's going to be a bust. And in the last few games, you can really see that he is working hard, and has listened to JM. Give him more time; I am confident he is soon going to be an offensive threat every night. In the game vs thrashers, he could have easily gotten one goal (if not for Bogosian's play) and two assists (if Plek and Hammer didn't choke).
And when you're 100% sure he's a bust, he will be worth absolutely nothing. It's not like any team won't realize this at the same point either, meaing you'll get next to nothing in return if anything.

There's a happy medium where your 'great talent' isn't shaping up the way that you hoped, and can use him as an asset to acquire something of value in return.

I agree that we shouldn't trade A Kost now. His upside it too much. But there's going to be a point very soon where his contract demands will outweigh his potential upside vs. production.

He was given a fair contract after the 07-08 season based on a strong year and his age. That contract was a starting point.

Next year is the make or break year for A Kost IMO. His contract is up at the end of season, and he will likely see a pay increase, or head to arbitration. Meaning we'll be paying ~3.5 million per (or more), to see if a players going to turn into a 40 goal scorer?

Don't think so.

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote