View Single Post
Old
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM
LoyalHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
You fail to see the major difference in Leclair to AK, Leclair worked hard and knew what it took to win. AK doesn't have that same quality of commitment as Leclair did, AK wouldn't come back to haunt us and SK wouldn't either. They are two kids that are trouble on and off the ice and if they are fulltime NHLers elsewhere big deal, just get fair value for them and move on because they are not a big piece of the puzzle.
I was just using Leclair as an example, I could have used Ribeiro. I just meant that giving up on a player too soon can be a bad decision, just as not trading him and having the possibility of seeing him bust can be a bad decision too. All I am saying is that if you want to have a great team, you need to take risks. Just as trading both AK and SK for Frolov can be risky, as we can lose him for nothing via UFA or maybe we can sign him for 5 years and see him score at a PPG pace for 5 years.

If BG wants to play it safe, and get fair value for them, then we'll be losers forever. We won't get much for SK, for obvious reasons. And in return for Akost, either we will get a similar type of player (high risk/high reward), or just a 2nd liner who can score 20 goal (no more) and I definitely hope BG won't settle for that. BG is a winner, and I have faith. He won't be satisfied with an average team, and hopes that he keeps them both.

LoyalHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote