View Single Post
Old
09-20-2003, 03:14 PM
creative giant*

vCash: 500
Thanks LMHF, I was searching for the names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
there are probably 7-8 pretty easy cuts to make after this game. The guys who should be headed to the minors ( toronto, god I luv the sound of that, demoted to Toronto):

Henley, Allen, Thompson, Wright, Hinz, Sarno, Hunter, selmo

that leaves:

G: Salo, Conklin, Valiquette
D: Brewer, Semenov, Smith, Staios, Bergeron, Luoma, Cross, Ferguson,
F: Smyth, Isbister, Hemsky, York, Horcoff, Dvorak, Chimera, Rita, Torres, Reasoner, Laraque, Moreau, Stoll, Pisani

Valiquette goes to toronto unless he plays well enough to have another look. That would leave only two more guys to cut/trade after this game. I hope they get down to their roster and start developing chemistry immediately.
I'd agree with those cuts, however I think Wright might stick around longer than any of us expect. We'll see how he does in his next exhibition game. From that list 1 d-man (probably between Luoma and Bergie) will be cut and 1 Forward. Tough choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
2 points in october are worth about the same as two points in march. You can't give games away by not having your A lineup ready and working together.
This is exactly it. Last year it seemed like training camp went on until November. I like that MacT is learning from last years slow start and cuttting the roster down early.