View Single Post
Old
10-23-2009, 02:50 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
It doesn't matter whose man it is. When Weber and Phillips are the only two guys in the slot, Weber can't just let him stand there undefended and then tell Erat "you blew your assignment" after Phillips scores. Weber needs to cover him, whether he's supposed to be Erat's mark or not. At the very least, he could have laid his stick down or stuck a skate out to deflect the pass, but he just stood there.
So it was Erat? Figures...

So, let me get this straight. Each time Erat is playing a man, Weber (or any defender) is supposed to double up, and never leave, the same man because he knows Erat is going to #### it up?

Actually, that makes sense now that I look at it that way.

Weber and Philips weren't the only two guys in the slot. Not when Weber checked. There was a Pred forward right there, who looked like he knew what he was doing on Philips, but didn't. He hosed Weber by acting as if he was playing him but let him skate right by. Which was about one stride as low as the forward already was when Weber looked.

I do think Weber could have found the man in time. But I still say he got fooked.

Thank God we had Weber in that game.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote